Mindfulness is a practice. And the easiest way to build up your mindfulness muscles is by bringing yourself back to the moment by focusing on your breath.
- Relax your body
- Scan your body, to see if you are actually relaxed
- Are your shoulders completely relaxed? Is there any tension in your neck, jaw, face?
- Take a deep breath in and a loud sigh out
- Keep going and see how long it will take for you to forget that you are breathing
- Pay attention to your breathing, while doing your usual chores during the day
- This is the trick – to train yourself to focus on your breath during your usual chores, not just on your yoga mat 🙂
If you find yourself distracted easily, set reminders on your phone or on your computer – every time you open your computer, you see the reminder.
Happy breathing! 🙂